(People And Congregations Engaged in Ministry)
January 31 – February 13, 2015
PACEM is a collaboration of congregations in Charlottesville that provides shelter at night during the winter months for people who have nowhere else to sleep. For two (2) weeks UBC will open Fellowship Hall from 6:00 pm until 7:00 am for 45 men to have dinner, take showers, socialize, and spend the night. We will be joined by Crossroads Community Church, who will help with meals and spend time with the men.
Top 10 Ways You Can Be Involved
10. Donate items (or money to purchase) the following: new athletic socks (white, grey or black), foot powder, deodorant, disposable razors
9. Donate soft-sided travel bags, adult-size backpacks, word find puzzle books
Collection boxes are located in the First Floor Lobby and in Fellowship Hall
8. Take clothing donations to the CVBA Clothing Center on Bolling Avenue. The men will receive vouchers to get needed items at no cost.
7. Help set up cots in Fellowship Hall on Saturday, January 31.
6. Help remove and transport cots on Saturday, February 14.
5. Work with a group to prepare and serve a meal. Menus, guidelines, and money will be provided.
4. Come one evening during activities time.
Chat with the men.
Watch a movie with them.
Play a card or board game.
Work a jigsaw puzzle.
3. STILL NEEDED: Volunteer to stay overnight. Two (2) volunteers (plus a PACEM staff person) must be on site from 9pm until about 7am.
2. STILL NEEDED: Pick up clean linens at The Crossings and/or help transport dirty linens to the jail.
1. Pray for this important ministry.
Do you need more information?
Come to the Orientation on Wednesday, January 21, at 6:15 pm in Fellowship Hall.
Handouts with guidelines for each area of volunteering are available.
A Signup Board will be available in Fellowship Hall (Wednesday nights), in the vestibule (Sunday mornings) and in the church office (during office hours).
Contact Lynn Martin: Lmartinx2@comcast.net 434-977-8090