Our church is blessed to have a Health Ministry. The aim of this ministry is for wellness in body, mind and spirit through health education, care-giving and the healing message of the Christian gospel. The Health Ministry team offers the following services to members:
- Making phone calls and home visits to offer support during times of illness, grief, or other suffering.
- Providing information on health promotion, disease prevention, and health/illness management.Holding classes and clinics, such as blood pressure screenings, in response to the assessed needs of the congregation.
- Providing transportation for doctor visits and medical treatments.
- Offering assistance to hospital patients before and after surgery.
- Serving as a patient advocate.
- Providing referrals to pastoral ministries, congregational resources, and community services.
- Counseling for individuals who have personal health concerns.
- Focusing on the relationship between spiritual and physical well-being.
If you have a need for any of these services, please contact the church office (293-5106) for a referral to one of our UBC Health Ministry Team Members.