University Baptist Church can be found wherever “two or three are gathered” (Matthew 18:20), and this page shows some of the ways UBC is regularly found at work within our congregation, in the wider community, and around the world. Rather than a “top-down” approach to ministry, we strive to empower our members and friends to serve wherever their passion lies.
To make these ministries happen, we need your help! We encourage you to consider how you might participate in the work we are doing together, and we will happily connect you with the people leading that work. If you find you have a calling to an area of service that is not listed on this page, let us know that too! We can help you get started with others in the congregation who share a similar passion, or we can connect you with a partner organization in our community.
Ministry within our Congregation
- Circle of Caring Teams
- Congregational Care, Comfort Food, Homebound, Small Jobs, Bereavement, Transportation, Hospital Visitation, and Celebrations Ministries
- Health Ministry
- UBC Work Crew
- Serving those near and far:
Ministry in our Community
- OIAM (Operation Inasmuch): UBC’s annual day of service
- ESOL classes each Sunday
- Cards and toiletry kits for Fluvanna Correctional Center for Women (more)
- School supplies for local children in need (more)
- Community Partnerships:
- University of Virginia
- UVA Health SystemRonald McDonald House (cook meals for their guests)
- Hospitality House (provide meals and supplies)
- Developing relationship with Battle Building (Children’s Hospital)
Ministry throughout Virginia and around the World
- Partner with the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship (CBF) and the Baptist General Association of Virginia (BGAV)
- Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes through Samaritan’s Purse
- Contribute to CBF mission work in Nada, Kentucky
- Mission trips (serving locations in Virginia, West Virginia, and elsewhere)
Read more about our Women’s Missionary Union (WMU) Circles, which sponsor many mission projects in our church.