“Circle of Caring” is our deacon-led team ministry designed to meet the needs of our members and others associated with UBC. It is also an opportunity for church members to share their gifts, talents and passions with others in the church and in the community.
How it works:
Anyone who has a need or knows of a need can call the church office (434) 293-5106, or email Circle of Caring.
- The Deacon Coordinator will assess the need and alert the appropriate teams.
- Teams will respond to needs with care and compassion.
- Team members will receive training as needed.
The teams consist of:
- Congregational Care Ministry — To stay in touch with members of the congregation and provide support as needed
- Comfort Food Ministry — to provide meals for those dealing with issues
- Homebound Ministry — to serve the needs of our confined members
- Small Jobs Ministry — to supply helping hands for small projects
- Bereavement Ministry — to offer support to our church family in times of grief and loss
- Transportation Ministry — to provide rides to church activities and other important appointments
- Hospital Visitation Ministry — to visit our members in the hospital and other health care facilities
- Celebrations Ministry — to acknowledge significant accomplishments of our members
All UBC members and friends are encouraged to join a team. Anyone who has a need or knows of a need can call the church office or email.